Welcome to the AVRC
The UC San Diego AntiViral Research Center (AVRC) develops and conducts innovative research that enhances the quality and duration of life for people living with HIV infection and other infections of global significance. The award-winning research center is an established leader in San Diego’s HIV research community and is well known for its HIV testing programs. Internationally, the AVRC extends its research and education programs to Africa, Asia, and South America.
- Upcoming Events
- [AIDS Rounds] Twitter / Social Media Study (tentative title) Sep 11, 2015 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM — UCSD AVRC 1st Floor Conference Room
- [AIDS Rounds] Chronic Inflammation During HIV Infection: How can we intervene? Sep 18, 2015 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM — UCSD AVRC 1st Floor Conference Room
- [AIDS Rounds] Cases from the Clinic Sep 25, 2015 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM — UCSD AVRC 1st Floor Conference Room
- UC San Diego AVRC Hosts National HIV Scientists for 2015 Cure Conference
- A collaborative HIV Cure Conference features presentations by researchers at the forefront of new cure advancements on June 16
- ‘Testing for Tickets’ Encourages HIV Testing, Offers Free LGBT Pride Festival Tickets
- Innovative HIV testing campaign offers 250 free LGBT Pride Festival tickets to people who get tested starting June 15 and continuing until supplies run out
- HIV Transmission Networks Mapped to Reduce Infection Rate
- Susan Little, MD maps San Diego's HIV transmission network, identifies transmission "hot spots"
- Treatment for HIV Should Start within Four Months of Infection
- Study by AVRC researchers identifies optimum window for initiating antiretrovial therapy for CD-4+ T-cell recovery